TRUE THE VOTE STATEMENT ON NAVIGATOR-GUIDED VOTER REGISTRATION IN OBAMACARE
HOUSTON, TX. October 31, 2013 - True the Vote (TTV), the nation's leading voters’ rights and election integrity organization, today releases the following statement on voter registration mechanisms in Obamacare:
- Voter registration is but one of many aspects that will fundamentally transform thanks to Obamacare.
- HHS doled out $67 million in grants to Planned Parenthood, NAACP and union locals to collect data for Obamacare enrollees.
- A number of the grantees perform voter outreach exclusively for progressive/Democrat Party causes.
- Navigators and sub-navigators are not prevented from mining data received on behalf of HHS/CMS.
- Many of these navigator organizations have voiced strong support for complete federalization of elections – a constitutional responsibility left largely to state and local governments.
“Perhaps one of the worst consequences of Obamacare is the threat to America’s confidence in our electoral system, thanks to partisan ‘navigators,’” True the Vote President Catherine Engelbrecht said.
“We are witnessing the organized subsidization of partisan groups to collect sensitive information on every American possible, in the name of the Affordable Care Act. Political organizations like unions and Planned Parenthood have been given over $65 million dollars in grants by the American taxpayer to sign you up for Obamacare – when they’re not busy knocking on doors for Wendy Davis’ gubernatorial campaign.
“Voters must be made aware of what ‘no reasonable expectation of privacy’ truly means. Your information shared with these partisan navigators will be used in political activities. There exists no check against it.
“Too many Americans already believe their vote does not really matter. As they witness their personal information being used as a commodity to leverage political influence, voter apathy will rise to catastrophic levels. If too many Americans stop participating in the electoral process, will we have to federalize that too?”
True the Vote (TTV) is an IRS-designated 501(c)(3) voters’ rights and election integrity organization, founded to inspire and equip volunteers for involvement at every stage of our electoral process. TTV empowers organizations and individuals across the nation to actively protect the rights of legitimate voters, regardless of their political party affiliation. For more information, please visit www.truethevote.org.
If you have questions about True the Vote or are interested in bringing True the Vote to your area, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.